.... Let the Madness Begin!

 Its the first of December and I don't know about you but I'm excited about this whole month.  Jonathan has been excited for over a month now and it is so exciting to help him celebrate and teach him the real meaning behind Christmas.

We have our advent calenders up and we have our elf.  I made the elf myself and i have to say I am very proud of it.

Today for us started like any normal Sunday, Jonathan went out to Sunday School and when we came back from church I asked him to check his mailbox to see if he had any letters delivered.  (yes I know it is Sunday but this is a magic letterbox too!) He came rushing out to the car - where i was sitting chatting to my mum.  He got very excited about the letter ... especially when I told him it was from Santa Claus, telling him there was a present on his bed that wouldn't fit into his mail box.
The mailbox was made by me for the purpose of the elf but I think we will keep it up and use it so that we can give little treats and gifts throughout the year too- although i may add a flag too as it is hard to know when there is something in it. 


 Our mail box - Jonathan Loves it, and gets very excited when there is something in it. 



Inside the box was his new scout elf, a book, a small tinsel tree, a dvd of An Elf's Story'  and some chocolate coins.  (i coloured the front before it went in to make it feel like a proper book and not a colouring in book)

Jonathan was so excited about opening the box from Santa Claus!

One of the things about scout elves is that you have to name them.  Jonathan wanted to call him 'The Man' but we called him Bell (although i need to put a bell on his hat now)

These elves will be available in my etsy shop for Christmas 2014.  They can be ordered now but there will be a wait for them..



We now have Bell sitting up on he fire place and his little tree up too. 
We found this door too!  Bell's magic door that will bring him back to the North Pole every night so that he can tell Santa Claus how Jonathan is getting on.  Jonathan was down on his hands and knees knocking the door to get in, had to have a wee chuckle. 
 Jonathan colouring in his Elf book. 

We sat after lunch and watched the DVD and during it Jonathan was so sweet and said that his heart was happy ... now I don't know about you but when my child tells me is heart is happy it make me want to burst with happiness. - My Cup Runneth Over.

These are pictures of what I wrote in the book.  This book was written by me for my son so please remember that.  it's the story about his elf and includes what the real meaning of christmas is. 









Comments

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO DO IT WITH MY KIDS. WHAT AGE IS YOUR WEE BOY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Jonathan is 3 and a half. He probably doesnt full understand what the elf's job is but the DVD really kept his attention and it explained it all again for him. I hope you get to try it out with your wee ones too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting

Popular Posts