DIY Drive-in Theatre

We all know that children love to watch a good cartoon or Disney film.  At the minute JD loves 'The Tigger Movie' a few months ago it was Wall-e and next month it will probably be something different..

I thought I would make watching movies more exciting for him.  He loves cars so I thought why not make him a car to watch his movies in.

what do you need :

  • a box that is big enough for the kid to fit in comfortably - try your local supermarket if you don't have one lying about.. 
  • A thick paint for the main colour (I used white dulux paint to give a good all over coverage. 
  •  other colours of paint other wee bits on to it. 
You can use paper plates for wheels and steering wheel if you want ( i didnt put a steering wheel on as JD would probably pull it off in less than 5 minutes) 


This is the 'car' made for JD - had to put on speed stripes - he chose the colour for them, then there are lights and a number plate too.
 The side view - wheels and he wanted a Lightening McQueen lightening bolt.

 Watching Kung Fu Panda 2 with his treat in his new car.  I found him this morning pushing it around downstairs shouting

                                           " VROOM.....VROOM..."

                           so I think it's safe to say that the car is a hit!

Comments

  1. i'm so making one of these for my kids love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my boy watches movies while he's in it, or pretends he is in F1 - its so much fun to see. next time one is made he will be helping me with it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting

Popular Posts