Fungus the Bogeyman -Not for grownups BUT the kids will love it!!!

Have you heard of this program?




It's based on the book by Raymond Briggs and has no been adapted for this program which premiered this Christmas

If you have SKY television you must have, the adverts have shown this and I'm sure no-one was left wondering when this program was on.


It's in 3 parts and started on Sunday (27th) to Tuesday (29th)

I got a package from BzzAgent with a whoopee cushion, a mask and a bogey ... yup you read that right a bogey!!!! along with a recipe card for special buns called snot snacks (the name is enough to make your stomach turn!!)


I had never heard of Fungus the Bogeyman but the Mr had and I think it is suffice to say that he is NOT a fan of it so refused to watch it with us ... which was alright as the Master and I watched it in the mornings while he slept.

The Mr and I differ in what programs we like to watch so his opinions did not deter me.  I love Raymond Briggs The Snowman and so I thought this one would be just as amazing ... To be honest, it is NOT my cup of tea.


For me this was  ...well to be honest I didn't know what to expect really.

It starts off well explaining what a Bogeyman is, who Fungus is and what his job is, where he lives and explains that they love to scare and make things squeak and scream and cry.  They love the dirt and the mud and the mire and they live underground.

You are introduced to Fungus and Mildew, his wife, who have a son called Mold but he is what they called 'dry-curious'.  You see, Bogeymen love to be wet and the 'dry-cleaners' (the humans) don't.

Anyway, Fungus is happy with his life, he goes up to where the humans are at night, does his job of making a mess and making people scream and comes back home to his loving wife and son.  Until the day that his 'dry-curious' goes 'up-top'.  Both Fungus and Mildew go to bring him back but are found out and they are not allowed to return to their home.  Causing them to have to figure out life 'up stairs' with the 'dry-cleaners'.
There are twists and turns throughout ... i will warn you though there may be times that you mums and dads will want the sick bucket to hand.  I won't tell you why but just be sure to have it there - OK I'll give you a hint ... dirty nappies were involved! (I had to run to the bathroom I thought I was actually going to throw up!)

My wee one is 5 and he LOVED it! He laughed and giggled the whole way through at the silliness and craziness ... and the grossness of it.  I think he is a typical little boy to be honest but me not so much.



I would recommend that you print out a Fungus mask and maybe even a gross bogey for when you watch this with your little ones and he loved this part of it too ... and blowing up the whoopee cushion and getting us to sit on it!

We didn't make the cupcakes as there is still so much left from Christmas they wouldn't have been eaten.  we will eventually make them as he has expressed an interest - I think this is due to the name of them but that is OK with me ...

When I asked my little one to describe Fungus the Bogeyman to me his response was 'funny,...farty,..I like it when Fungus turns into a hooman, ... I like how they make the house all dirty!' (he followed this by fits of giggles)

It isn't all stomach churning grossness, the story line is great and the actors do a brilliant job with their roles.  For this reason I probably would recommend this 3 (fart) special, but if you have a very sensitive stomach then you may want to take some anti-sickness tablets before you sit down ... Definitely do not watch it with your dinner!


Comments

Popular Posts