It's been too long!!!!

It has been sooooooo long since I was last on here.  
What have I been doing?  Good question! 

It was June i believe i was last giving you something to think about ... to do with crochet i think.  Well i have continued the crochet and i even started knitting!  I have made a few things for my nieces (i got a new one in august) and my little man has some things from Santa Claus.  Yup it is that time of year again!!!!! 

I have once again commenced my studies and have handed in my first assignment (or TMA as it is called) and im so relieved that i have no more till after the new year.  I guess they just want to make sure i havent lost any of my knowledge from last year!

I opened an Etsy shop!  yep I'm very proud of it, even though nothing has been bought, just knowing that I have something there is amazing enough!  if you want to check it out the shop is called  Keeping Ewe In Stitches I'm also on Facebook too so why don't you check it out.  

 Photo: scarf-let n gloves to match the Lorax hat

I think i will add some pictures on here a little later (oops forgot my hard drive) of some of the different projects i have done.  

Has anyone heard of the 'Elf On The Shelf'?  It's this little elf that ... sits on your shelf .. or mantlepiece or tree - basically anywhere.  When the child first gets their scout elf they have to name him/her.  Once the elf is named it gets its Christmas magic, its placed where you want it to be and when night time descends in the house the elf flies off to talk to Santa Claus.  It helps Santa know if the child has been naughty or nice.  

There are 2 rules to having a scout elf, you can't touch it or it will lose its Christmas magic (you can get rescue packs too .. will talk about that later) and secondly the elf cant speak or move while there are people awake in the house.  Another thing ... sometimes the elf can be mischievous and that is where the fun really begins! 
here is an example of elf on the shelf mischief 
       


I personally think this is genius, and am going to have so much fun with this.  Unfortunately i haven't been able to get an original elf but I decided i would create one of my own .. it will be unique!  So far though i only have the arm done ... need to get a move on eh! 
Photo: anyone know what i am making?@ Keeping Ewe In Stitches
My one arm so far - Im happy with it  ... what do you think?

Ill have to tell you all about the Christmas party that we are going to have in December - it's going to be lots of fun with 3 year old running around our house.  

Comments

Popular Posts